The primary responsibility for the head coach is too communicate with their team regularly, effectively and accurately in line with TSF Academy policies. Below is a basic list of items are the appropriate person to contact relating to that topic. Please be sure to understand and respect the appropriate lines and chains of communication.
The main line of communication from coach to team will be to utilize the BYGA App or email tool to send emails, so they can be stored and used for future reference if needed for the coach and/or club.
Please note if you have questions, concerns or anything you need to discuss to maximize your players, parents and the experience of you as the coach, please do so straight away. We want a positive working environment and any issues can be resolved if recognized early.
The coach should communicate at a minimum (regular communication is highly encouraged) as follows:
Weekly Team Email (Formal)
- Should be sent at the beginning of the week (by 12pm Monday morning at the latest).
- It should contain all practice and upcoming game information (date, day, time, location, opponent and competition); game information will also be included in the Team Calendar.
- It is also an opportunity for the coach to reflect briefly on team developments and performance without going into too much details but to keep the parents feeling in the loop.
Daily Communication (Informal)
- Coaches should have regular (daily) communication with their peers and Director of Coaching to share, reflect and discuss players, teams, sessions etc.
- If there are changes to practices, games, events etc. the head coach should immediately communicate with their teams directly.
Bi-Weekly / Monthly Review (Formal or Informal)
- Coaches should be prepared to provide a brief bi-weekly / monthly review to the Director of Coaching on individual player performance. Who is doing well? Who is struggling? How is the training environment? What do you require to maximize your sessions and improve the experience for the players etc.